Thursday, October 2, 2014

It's beginning to Look Allot Like.........Barn Wood!!

I finally dug out the barn wood from the shed and went to town cutting it up.
Some of the pieces were very old slabs and very thick--still with bark on them. 
Should have taken a photo!
  I have been painting on all this fun textured wood.
 There is something about barn wood that gives any pattern a new character.
I can paint the same pattern on multiple piece of barn wood and they each look different and have their own personality! 
Some are finished, some I have to think about, some are just started.
Today will be a fun barn wood finish up day.
Next I will have to head to my folk home to go through my three stacks of barn wood.
Wonder if I will get over there before it snows?
Hope you are having a fun day!
Enjoy,
Barb

16 comments:

  1. How neat!! I love them all! Of course I love things made out of old barn wood too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous work!! I am assuming you're getting ready for another show. Good luck with everything!
    }}Hugs{{
    Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can see how beautiful that old wood is! Wonderful work Barb! ~Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like, i like........all !!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this work! Barn wood is a great background!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are all so beautiful. I love old barn wood but it must be a real challenge to paint on. Enjoy your weekend! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love them all! I especially love the Monika Brint snowmen <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love them all especially the Monika Brint snowmen!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love them all... so cute... the barn wood is fantastic...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your work is beautiful Barb!
    Wanted to let you know that the winner of my Grumpy Punkin Giveaway never contacted me with her information so I generated a new winner and it's YOU! Please go to my blog and contact me through that with your home mailing address. CONGRATS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love all of your barn wood paintings, especially the snowmen!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful paintings Barb, your paint brush has been flying! I adore your Santa, he is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What kind of paint should I use to do this project?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your commments!!
Enjoy your day,
Barb