Wednesday, September 12, 2012

I think we are finished...

These photos were taken a few days ago.  We had poured the cement in my dad's yard for the fence line and it was time to take down the forms.  My kids were taking out the screws in the top photo. 
This was the section that took two pours.  Lots of work!! 
This is my dad taking down the forms on the other section.
Still more work! Taking the forms in and putting up the fence.
And still more work.....yesterday we poured the last of the cement (a total of 3 huge pours) and now my folks can go on their vacation and not worry about the yard or at least the fence!
Needless to say I am tried today.  It was loads of work yesterday but we are done!!
 
So I plan on shopping today at the WELCOME BACK MOM'S SALE with the Old Farmhouse Gathering Team!  I already have a few ideas for Christmas gifts!
This is great for me because I tend to put that off until the very last minute!!
So I deserve a break today and a nap!
Enjoy your day,
Barb
 

6 comments:

  1. Hi Barb, looking good, alot of work but well worth it. Have fun shopping at the sale, yey!!!! Blessings Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful! What a huge accomplishment...you ALL deserve a vacation! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YIPPEE! Glad you finally finished and it looks good. Yes, you deserve a break and a nap...hmmm....think I will join you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh boy, bless you, that is back breaking work I know. My hubby is so good at working concrete, but it's not so forgiving on the old bod.
    I hope your dad has a wonderful vacation :)
    Hugs~Carol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Barb! It looks great and I know your folks are so thankful for your help! I've been shopping, too, but my problem is once I receive the item, I can't give it up!!! I obviously have 'apron string' issues!!!
    xoxo
    Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sure looks like it was a big job! Makes me tired just looking at the photos, LOL! Looks like you all did a marvelous job :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your commments!!
Enjoy your day,
Barb