Saturday, September 1, 2012

Pouring Cement and a Winner!

Talk about exhausted...yesterday we went to help my dad pour cement for a new fence line.
The city were he lives came in and put in a new sidewalk.  Because he owns water shares he had to put in a new culvert and headway for the water to irrigate his yard and garden.  This meant putting up a new fence.  It has been allot of work for him.
So a few of my family members, including my husband and myself, and a few neighbors helped him pour about 5 yards of cement for this fence.
Many hands do make light work but it was still a hard job.
No sooner do we get it poured and covered when the monsoon rains came belting down.
It rained off and on all night. 
It is either all or nothing in the desert!
I had my daughter pull a name out of the hat and I am a bit late in posting this but the winner of the Scarecrow magnet is Felicia of http://raggedycreations.blogspot.com/
Congratulations and I will get in contact with you for your address.
Thank you to all who follow my ramblings and entered this fun little giveaway!!
I think I will go to bed early tonight....rest up from yesterday!
Enjoy your Labor (with the emphasis on labor) Day!!
Barb
 

8 comments:

  1. Pouring concrete IS a hard job. Glad you were able to get the fam behind you to help. Congrats to Felicia! Thanks for hostessing, Barb!
    }}Hugs{{
    Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Felicia! Rest up Barb, you deserve it after that!!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a holiday weekend and you are suppose to be relaxing not working yourself to death. Take it easy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats to you winner and happy holiday weekend! don't work too hard! Sweet hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats Felicia and get some rest Barb! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats to Felicia. Hope you get rested up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations to Felicia! Have a wonderful Labor day!

    sandraallen260@centurytel.net

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats Felicia!! Take a day off Barb!!!!
    Lois

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your commments!!
Enjoy your day,
Barb