Tuesday, February 21, 2012

A WILD WEEKEND

It started out good.  I was asked to teach a pattern on black screening for the Utah Guild of Heritage Artists Painting Chapter on Saturday.  A bit nervous because these ladies know how to paint!!  They were all so sweet and made me feel so welcomed.  The class went great and I had a great time.
Sunday...my husband's birthday!  I totally forgot.  BAD, BAD, BAD!!  I had to have my daughter come with me late on Saturday and lucky for us the grocery store had a German Chocolate Cake and French Vanilla ice cream.  Also lucky for me, he bought his own gifts on clearance: a weed whacker and lawn mower from the Home Depot.  The kids and I put a bow on it!
He had to cook his own dinner because I do not cook lamb.  He loves it and so do my kids.  (I would rather have fish.)  So between all this my folks and sister came over for dinner and to watch the "Amazing Race".
For me it was an Amazing Race Weekend.
Monday, the kids and I had a dental appointment at 8am, so much for their day off from school.  They were unhappy to have to get up.  They had also been told they HAD to clean their rooms if they wanted to continue living here.  Sobbing and moaning.
Then a dear friend came over to buy some shelf sitter bunnies from me and saw this pin I had it ready to be listed for the OFG "Luck of the Irish Challenge".  She needed it!  She even paid me more that I was asking.  It is so intricate.  It only stands 3 inches tall and 1 3/4 inches wide. The beard, hat brim, cuffs on the coat, soles of the shoe and shamrock are all little cutouts glued on to the main piece.  It is a design by Susie King. I bought it so many years ago and decided to paint it for the challenge.
When I asked my husband if he would be interested in cuting out more of them for me he gave me that "how dare you ask" look.  I am not sure if it was due to the forgotten birthday or because the pieces to cut are so tiny.
Head on over to the OFG Blog and vote for your favorite Challenge piece.  There are some very creative creations there.  I am headed there to vote.  That will be a difficult thing for me to decide which one to vote on!
Enjoy your day!
Barb


3 comments:

  1. You're title got me! I'm supposed to be off of this thing!
    That's the first thing I thought when I saw that pin was who cut if out for you?!! I could redesign it and then cut if for you if you want but I couldn't handle all of the small pieces without a laser saw! Just LOVE him though!!!
    Get some rest from your 'wild' weekend!!
    }}Hugs{{
    Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like an amazing race to me! With 3 active kids here, that's about our everyday life! Oops on hubby's birthday but it sounds like he had a really good one after all!

    Have a fantastic week~

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure the ladies enjoyed your class alot, your work is great. That little pin is so adorable. Hey, at least you got the cake and ice cream. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your commments!!
Enjoy your day,
Barb